Sunday, January 9, 2011

B is for boring weekend recap

This weekend flew by and we really didn't do anything exciting but it was nice just to relax. Friday night D went to my mom's for a sleep over while I had dinner with a friend of mine, it was long over due. She is due in June with her first baby so most of our conversation was about labor and being a parent.
We were able to sleep in on Saturday morning and get Ry's closet organized with the new elfa shelves I got from the Container Store. It turned out great. Since our closets are fairly small we needed to be a little creative. I'm sure the color arrangement that I did for him won't last too long but it just made my day. I'm next!
We picked up D from my mom's around noon and by that time he was ready for a nap. While going to my car to put D in the car seat I realized I can't carry a 40lbs child like I used as slipped on the fresh snow and landed on my knees while protecting D in my arms. A couple of bruises haven't killed anyone.
D wearing the boots that almost killed me. If you notice, right by D's left arm is a little timer that goes off every 35 minutes for him to go potty. I'm drained at thinking of ways for him to get it. He goes when we put him on but rarely does he tell us himself. We've done stickers, continue to reward him with M&Ms. Any ideas???? Everyone tells me it will just click and continue to do what we've been doing. I told his teacher on Friday, who ever there makes him get it, I'm buying lunch.
Continuing on, while D snoozed I went food shopping, that was pretty much our day.
At night Ry and I seperated, I retreated to our bedroom to watch Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons and Ry played his new spider man game. My movie was great but also 3 hours long!!!
I realized it was long when I was still up at 1:30am.
At my old age I don't stay up that late and I paid for it today.
We had to be at church at 8:30am because today we officially became parishioners. The first hour was learning about the great things going on at the church while feasting on delicious donuts and orange juice. The second hour was mass, where we got to introduce our family in front of the entire parish, we were then blessed by the priest and everyone in attendance. It was special, especially when D yelled out to the priest "Hi", "Holy Spirit, Amen".
I can't wait to get involved with more things at church. I'm especially excited about their "Married and Dating" seminars they have once a quarter. It's like a date night.
He was so exhausted, he passed out in the car even though our drive home is 5 minutes.
OK, we all passed out (not in the car, when we got home).
Before I passed out I threw in some ingredients in the slow cooker for my first chili of the winter. Half the pot is already gone.
The day went on as we lingered from room to room, watched some football, played with a slinky, rolled around on the floor and colored.
This is from Friday. Daddy is in charge of grooming in the morning and I just get a kick out of his slicked to the side hair-do every time. Daddy has perfected where to part it just right. It used to be a comb over.
Hope you had a great weekend!
Oh, I ordered Ryan a mouse pad for work with pictures of D on it and I just had to have one for myself.
Mine has pics of D and me and Ry's has pics of D and him with some family ones in there as well.
If you're snoring from this boring post, sorry, I warned you.

No comments:

Post a Comment