Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weekend Recap

The holidays are in full swing at the Marron household. Finding the perfect artificial tree that doesn't cost more than my house has been a challenge, but Costco delivered. As I threw the box on the cart that weighted more than me I felt victorious because 24 hours before that....
I took a half day on Friday to take D to the Dr. and drive Ry to work, his car has been in the repair shop because someone went forward instead of backwards and a pole was in the way. D has been battling a cold for over a month but after yet another visit to the Dr. the Dr. thinks it's allergies. With a higher dose of Zyrtec at night we'll see how it all goes.
Since we had some time to spare after dropping Ry off, we enjoyed a bagel at Panera together. I wish I could do this all the time.
After our appt D and I stopped by two X-Mas tree stores and my mind started to race, as did D up and down the aisles. Two stores, no tree. You see, I have already made an additional 3 trips to other stores (one of them got me a red light violation) and no tree, my options were starting to run out.
I dropped him off at daycare and went to Home Depot, as my sister told me she saw the perfect tree there. She wanted us to buy a tree from her as our "open house" gift. I just had them over, don't really believe in open houses but OK.
The one at Home Depot was nice so I got it with other crappola that took up my trunk. I loaded it on and since Costco was right there I decided to be lazy with dinner and pick up a roasted chicken.
I walked in and there it was, the nicest tree, $10 cheaper than Home Depot with 250 more lights (total of 1000 lights). I felt defeated. I went back to Home Depot, returned the tree and prayed that the next day Costco would still have the tree there, unlike my nativity scene that was out on display since September and all of a sudden a storm of religious folks must have walked in and bought them all because not one box remained when I returned on Saturday.
I got our tree and loaded the 60lbs box into my car as there were no good Samaritans anywhere to be seen to assist me, except the annoying people that starred at me waiting for me to pull out of the spot they so badly wanted, but they smiled.
Fast forward, the rest of our weekend went something like this.
D picked out his annual ornament (really only his second but it's tradition)
Gee can you guess what it is
Visited my sister and mom with D so we could trace everyone hands for our turkey (scroll down for the reveal).
Went to 2 Toys R Us to find our gift for D. As we ran around the store looking for the last one in stock here is what D was doing.
No, that's not his gift, although if it was up to daddy we would get him everything he touched. No self control! :)
Here is his gift.
One melt down in the first store had us getting french fries on the way to the second store. The melt down started with son and ended with hungry dad.
Once we got home it was time to prepare the family bird.
Here it is....
D had three choices of eyes, poor Grandma was secretly hoping for the smaller ones but D insisted on "big eyes". Daddy and mommy agreed.
The whole family participated, though my teenage niece said "why can't you just cut out any hands, no one will know", to that I responded "now that would be cheating"! Bless her, because I was really thinking about it. :)
Back of the bird that has the family hands. This bird will be part of our table decor on Thursday and D's Turkey feast at school on Tuesday.
Close up of the candy D helped glue on.Another busy week coming up. I'll be taking a break from blogging until next week because I'm hosting this great Holiday and obsessing over everything tasting and looking nice.
I'll be back with full details and many pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment