Friday, November 26, 2010

...and it's over

Well, one holiday behind us, that was quick. It was lightning speed as the fall decor was thrown out and the whole city lit up with X-Mas magic and cheer.
Not in this house. We take our time to digest the left over turkey, ham, etc. in the fridge before we go nuts....yeah right! If I had a tree to decorate it would have been done today.
Instead, we concentrated on the decorations inside the house. This year I'm realizing we have too much crap! I've made an executive decision not put out some stuff because it's just starting to look tacky and Christmas is not about decorations it's about celebrating the birth of Christ. My mom screamed this in my ear as I told her all the streets and homes were decorated already.
She hates lots of stuff out and so it's no surprise that at X-Mas time she proclaims it should be simple because it's not about how much you put out. This is coming from a woman that has two trees in her house that are so filled with ornaments you can't even see the tree. Gotta love her! She is the matriarch of our family and turning 60 this coming Saturday!
So our Thanksgiving went something like this.
Kept D busy with some paint in the morning.
I started making our turkey, potatoes and stuffing. I wasn't feeling 100% so it just drained me but turned out great.
Since it was just the three of us (no one wanted to get our germs) I made myself comfy.
Dinner was delicious, with sparkling apple cider. Ry loved this stuff!
Daniel was in one of his moods so we had to confine him to a high chair. We ate in our dining room, it was lovely. Afterward, we got into our pajamas and watched CARS. Great night considering how horrible we felt the day before. The bad news is that grandma M got the bug on Thanksgiving. Sorry RaRa!!!
Today, the decor emerged from dusty boxes after 2 years.
Fleece pajamas were put on for a cold night
We're ready for the Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment