Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring, Summer AND Fall

I have decided that this summer I would be more frugal with buying D clothes. Last summer I went a little nuts. He had about 15 pairs of shorts and I don't know how many t-shirts. Most of them went unworn and it just makes me sad. I don't even have that many pairs of shorts.
I'm going to see if anything from last summer (I bought bigger sizes 18-24 months) are still OK to wear. Last year they were all so long on him that this year they may be just right. I tried to buy adjustable waist to that may work in my favor this summer.
I want to have a few nicer pieces when we go out but honestly kids grow so fast and in this economy it's just wrong to have clothes be only worn once or twice.
When I was a kid (insert violin sound please) I seriously had 3 skirts, 2 pairs of tights and a few shirts. They were re-washed and I just had to wear the same thing over again, not to mention they were hand me downs after my sister.
I want to teach D the value of a dollar at a young age and to appreciate the little things and not name brands BUT it's so hard when...
my MIL has great taste in clothes for D and brings the cutest outfits to try on him.
Check these out. Aren't they just adorable? I figure he can wear the vest with the plaid shirt under it for mother's day and my niece's graduation and even perhaps Father's Day and get his photo taken in it. The white sweater I was on the fence, BUT then I tried it on him, he looked like an angel so, I figured if it's cold out for Easter basket blessing he can wear that and maybe he would be OK to wear it for Thanksgiving. And did you see the hat? He looks so cute in it.
See, I'm reasonable, I can push myself to have him wear one outfit to many occasions. Darn Gymboree and their great styles. I will survive Spring, Summer and Fall without spending hundreds of dollars on my son, I swear, I will. Now, my MIL is another story. :)
\

No comments:

Post a Comment