Friday, January 6, 2012

During the break

During Daniel's XMas break from school and prior to the surgery we did a few things to end 2011 right.
We went with friends to Kohl Children's Museum.
Daniel and daddy finished building a 1200 piece Star Wars ship.
We went to Botanic Garden for their Winterwonderland train exhibit. It was amazing. Everything was made from natural products (minus the trains).
That's the Chicago skyline behind D, made all out of natural material (moss, sticks, bark, etc.)
We rang in the New Year at Brookfield zoo (8pm for the kids). We fell asleep watching Toy Story 3 when we got home, when I say 'we' I mean Ry and I . We woke up at 11:40 to find the little man watching the movie and wide awake. He was there to ring in the REAL New Year.
I didn't take my camera, hence the fuzzy pictures. It was super cold but we even braved a ride on the carousel. We picked up two snazzy hats right past the entrance because we could not move forward without them. Ry even got hand warmer thingies but he got those because his hat cost a total of $3!!! I got a "Russian" hat with pink sparkly stripes. Let's say I wasn't picky with the wind outside. Daddy made his famous shrimp dish for us. Well, it was too spicy for D but we sure enjoyed it.
Now, to plan spring break memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment