Sunday, August 14, 2011

Wknd Post

Although the weekend had spotty weather we made the best of it.
Friday night I left the boys at home and went out with a friend of mine for some girl chat and a couple of martinis.
The two martinis were still on my mind as I tried to survive Yoga on Saturday morning. It was supposed to be Zumba but the instructor was not there so I felt bad for the yoga instructor. You see, no one showed up, except me. I had a full hour of one on one time doing poses such as downward dog, warrior 1 and 2, child position, etc. I hugged myself a lot before saying "Namaste" or something like it. My body has been sore today so I knew I got a decent work out in.
Saturday, after my yoga I took D on a bike ride around the neighborhood. One hour later in long black yoga pants, we came home and declared "we're going to the pool". We got ready quickly and went off to a sweet water park. I was a little turned off at the $34 entrance fee but Ry said "you can't put a price on memories" and I was forced into it. I did try to pass off as a resident but those darn teens are too smart for their own good. When asked for an ID, I lied and said "my address isn't updated yet" to which she replied "sorry full price". UGHGHGHG!
About an hour and a half later they kicked us out because somehow they have technology that can sense lightning. We didn't see any but we got the hell out of there right before it started to pour. That was our day minus a regular nap for D.
This morning I woke up with a desire to bake. Not from scratch, you all know how that turns out for me, but I sure can follow directions on a box. I had a helper who scooped ONE spoonful and was done, although he ate 2 muffins, no child labor in this house YET.
The rest of the day we ran errands. A new vacuum cleaner, a sleeping mat for D's school and some new paint. I had my little sheet of stuff to get for school and you think a place like Lakeshore Learning would carry Crayola crayons (24 count), nope. They carry some crayons that obviously were not made by child labor in China and cost $4. No, their crayons were $6. The list specifically asked for Crayola, so Crayola crayons and Elmer's glue it will be.
We spent the rest of the day doing things like this and in between time outs and warnings we had some fun with paint.
He told us they were train tracks
And it's Monday again. I have a busy week ahead of me. Wish me luck. Have a happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment