Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer nights

I started writing a post about our summer evenings and what our routine is but by the third paragraph I got bored. I realized I could recap our exciting night rituals in a few (OK many words);
haul butt to get home and start dinner, try to get D inside the house after he manipulates daddy into letting him into the driver's seat for 10 minutes, fight him to sit at the table for at least 10 minutes to eat dinner, water plants and veggies and try to stay calm as D tries to "help" with everything that takes quadruple the time, go to a nearby park where my heart stops a few hundred times as he climbs the tallest possible obstacle, give 1, 2 AND 3 warning counts to park all of his cars in the garage and get inside for bath time, listen to him complain about not wanting to take his shoes off, fight him to stop playing and jump into the tub, prior to last one fight him to take off his clothes, argue with him about the number of shows he gets to watch before bed time (we usually compromise on 1.5), try to remain calm as he tries to hold 5+ cars in his toddler hands and attempt to carry them to his room (he always drops them on our new finished hardwood floors and it makes me cringe), breathe in and out as he looks at his bookshelf forever and tries to pick books out, try not to scream when he changes his mind on the book he just picked, grrrrrr when a few cars drop to the floor from our rocking chair and it takes him 5 minutes to pick them back up, roll my eyes as he demands 2 more books be read to him in bed, grunt as I lift him up so he can jump into bed off of his foot-board, sigh when he proclaims he needs to go potty one more time and then wants to jump into bed again.
SMILE when he says "mommy sleep with me and rub my head". It won't last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment