Sunday, June 5, 2011

I can't believe it's over

the weekend is over and we were quite busy. What else is new?!
Friday night I spent with a couple of nice ladies at our house redesigning the website of the daycare Daniel goes to. It needs some sprucing up and since I am on the parents council, I offered our home, a few glasses of wine, some treats and wireless service to help us out. Two and a half hours later we had a mockup. Great things happen when a few women get together over some wine and chocolate.
Saturday, we were running around like crazy. A trip to home depot was necessary so we can stand a chance on the war we have going on with ants in our back yard. Ryan needs an armor with the way his face scrunches and the potty words that come out of his mouth when he sprays the entire bottle of ant killer on those #$#uckers! We picked up some mulch too. They have a drive thru service now. How cool is that?!
With our mulch bags, ant killer, flying insect killer, anti mosquito candle we were set. D enjoyed a ride on the cart as well. I would show you but my phone refuses to send the picture to my account.
Later on we had a graduation party for 3 teenagers. I got ready to take an adorable picture of D playing with his relatives (that he never met) and when it didn't take I knew I forgot the memory card at home. Boy was I ticked. I need to carry a spare one with me because this is not the first time it happened.
Sunday, we had our annual Run for Hope for our sweet baby Leo. He's with Jesus now but I know he was there...the third year in a row it sprinkled for about 3 minutes and then stopped. I think it's him sending us a little sign to move our butts. This third year our group has grown to 50+ people!!! The first year there was a dozen of us. It was great to see everyone there.

D took a snooze in the car so we were pretty much set that he wouldn't take a nap for us. We slaved in our back yard today washing his house, water table, car and cleaning things up. We trimmed bushes, pulled weeds, and he just rode around having fun. I love being outside. I love outdoor chores, it's weird but the physical labor that I don't get during the week is so darn rewarding. I think I was meant to work on a construction site and not behind a desk. Seriously!

We rewarded ourselves with some Thai food, although Mr. D without a nap had us slamming food in our mouths as quickly as possible to get out.

Back to reality and a crazy week for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment