Sunday, June 26, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake

We survived the tornado that hit our small city. We had one branch fall but other than that we were blessed that we were spared. I felt so lucky to know that people did not have power for 3 days and ours didn't go out for one minute. Fortunately, the town seems back to normal.
Friday night we picked up our new bikes and rode them on our street. D loved the three of us riding, he was just amazed by it.
Saturday, EARLY morning I dropped off my sister and family at the airport, they are off to Disney. Later, we went to see CARS 2. Besides Daniel closing his ears for pretty much the entire movie we didn't have to leave. I considered that a successful first trip to the theater.
Sunday, after church we decided to go strawberry picking. The farm was only one hour away and we had fun. We were done with 5 bushels until I realized the 6th one was free. Of course I had to go back and get it, all while the men sat in the car and waited.
The youngest of the two didn't do any picking, in fact, he picked ONE strawberry. That ONE was picked only because we threatened him with something. This is all he did for 2 hours!
Bugged daddy for his cell phone
Contemplated on picking
but decided not to do a darn thing but look cute
I got my 6 bushels
It was a successful trip
My mom came by to help me make something out of these babies
On the menu for this week:
strawberry jam till we burst
pancakes with strawberry syrup on top
strawberry soup
crepes with strawberries
strawberry bread
maybe even a strawberry shortcake
the possibilities are endless.

Hope you had a great weekend. I'm off to bed with a couple of Tylenol pills in my hand, my back is killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment