Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend

I guess fall is over because in one day all the trees on our street are bare. With the wind howling on Friday and Saturday we spent our Saturday afternoon cleaning up the driveway. It was beautiful and depressing all at the same time. "Where did all the leaves go?"
"You guys go ahead and work I'll run around"

This tiny orange ball entertained him for quite some time as he rolled it down the driveway about a million times.

Until, he fell straight on his face and scraped his little nose. I couldn't get a close up of the injury as it was too traumatic for picture taking.
Daniel loves his new vacuum cleaner we got him a week ago. It's love or he'll do anything to get out of speech therapy.
He's doing well in it, no big updates just a couple of new signs, juice and light. He does say "uuu" for number two and "eeee" for number three. He's learned "ooo" for the letter O and "E" for...well...E, that's about it. I'm still working on my patience with all of this. It's a slow process and anyone that knows me knows I want instant results.
His therapist assures us he will TALK just when he's ready. I just don't get it, he knows all the numbers up to 10, ask him any number...really I'm not kidding, he also knows over half the letters of the alphabet. I always tell everyone he'll write a novel soon before he talks and the first sentence of his book will read "My mom drives me nuts trying to make me talk, I think it's overrated and I have nothing to say..."
Saturday night I went to my friend's B-Day party (no pics, sorry). It was a great time. I left the men at home and enjoyed dancing, pizza and great company. Happy Birthday DEE!!
Sunday after Daniel's therapy we hit the road to look for apartments and homes. I'm going to see an apartment next week but I'm still hopeful we'll find a home soon and won't have to rent. Althought, the inventory out there says otherwise. There is a lot of patience I have to be working on this month. Someone throw me a bone!

No comments:

Post a Comment