Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekend Recap

Friday ended with a visit to my cousin's house to meet the new member of our family, Adrian. Daniel wasn't really interested in him. He starred when I held the baby but then went and played an exhausting game of peek a boo with his cousin K. They had a blast. After some delicious pizza and fun he passed out when we got home.
Here is Adrian. It was so amazing holding a tiny baby, I can't believe Daniel was even smaller than A was. Don't I look like I'm ready for another?!
Daniel having a blast with K.


Saturday wasn't much of anything, really. Daniel had his Saturday class, he did well. It was funny because the previous week Ryan took him to class without me and one of the mom's commented yesterday how well he did with me compared to with his dad. I pretty much translated that to "Your kid was a mess without you". Ryan is great with him but when it comes to new surroundings he just does well with me. My mother in law has told me that when she takes him to his class on Thursdays he cries in the elevator (a fear already), again with me he didn't want to get on but once he did, he was fine. What can I say, I have the touch. :) Daniel's speech therapy resumed and he did well, not much to report.
Later on we went to the mall for... nothing, we just wanted to get out of the house. The mall was a zoo! We came home to some tasty chili that had been cooking in the slow cooker. In the evening, we watched a movie and ate some popcorn.
Sunday morning we needed to go food shopping but before that I needed to stop at a teacher's store for a felt board. We've been doing a weather board in the morning with D and he really enjoys looking out the window and then picking out the appropriate picture (with help, of course)and sticking it on the board. I got the idea from http://www.adaycare.com/, it's a site that provides curriculum for daycare kids and I'm always on the lookout for fun, quick activities that I, my sitter or mother in law (MIL) can do with Daniel.
I made my own felt board initially and I just hated how it turned out. So, this is the one I bought. The pics I printed out, laminated and put velcro on the back.
When we arrived at the store we realized there was a pet store next door. We went in and it was pure fantasy for Daniel. This place had fish (TONS), puppies, kittens, bunnies, birds, hamsters, snakes, etc. The best part, it was FREE. I recommend a pet store like that to take your kids to for an hour or two. It doesn't cost anything and the experience pretty much is like the "zoo", if not better. They even had birthday parties there, I think that would be cool when D is older. We decided to get Daniel a goldfish as his first pet for his second birthday. I was ready to get one today but Ryan told me we should wait. Daddy was disappointed when D didn't show an interest in the kittens at all. YEAH! They were really cute, I do have to admit, maybe another day he'll be in the mood for them.
Daniel looking at some fish.

Falling in love with puppies. Daniel was screaming he was so excited. These two were his favorite.

Admiring the skills of a hamster spinning a wheel.

Sorry for the blurry pics, it's my camera phone.

After Daniel went down for a nap, my sister, niece and I hit the outlet mall, here in Aurora. None of us were impressed. It was crowded, the prices were still ridiculous and it was just a mess. I'll stick to TJMax, Marshalls and my coupons, thank you very much.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment