Monday, August 9, 2010

Rock out, big ear rock star!

We had a busy weekend! Friday, Ry and I enjoyed a date night together and saw Inception while D had his first sleep over at my mom's house. It was way over due.

The $40 it took to buy our tickets and a small snack was well worth it. We both loved the movie. You have to pay close attention but it was deep, wayyyy deep.

Right before we left to the movies D was outside for literally 5 minutes before we noticed he was getting bit my bugs. I noticed he got bit on his ear but it looked a little pink and was not that big of a deal. The next morning my mom calls me telling me his ear is huge and swollen. With a dose of benadryl and some hydrocortisone I figured the swelling would go down. D's plans for the day was to go to a concert with Papa and Gama and enjoy some Ralph's World music. They also enjoyed the gardens and a little bit of water. OK, lots of waterLook at that poor ear? He looked like Curious GeorgeNotice his left ear a little big?Lots and lots of waterBy the time "ciocia (cho cha) Kaka" (my sister Kathy) came over to see D she looked at us and said "I think you need to take him in". Ry was putting D's bookcase together that we got that day at IKEA. Seriously, about IKEA, great store but you would think they were giving stuff away for free the way people load their findings on the cart. I digress... my niece went with me to urgent care and the Dr. agreed that it looked infected and some medicine was required. Loaded with antibiotics we came home to relax.

After a family visit to our new church on Sunday we dropped D off at my sister's and went to our local Abt store to look at some shelves for our equipment in the family room. After we spoke with a nerdy speaker salesman Ryan was sold on the a surround sound, a universal remote, a sub woofer (sp?), and no shelves. It would all be wireless. His eyes sparkled as he pictured himself sitting on his leather couch as the hair on his arms and legs stood up straight from the sound that was coming out of the $800 speakers. My head was spinning, thank goodness they offer free baked chocolate chip cookies on the weekend. With chocolate in our bellies and not one dollar spent we returned home to contemplate our plan for the plasma and the surround sound. We'll let you know what we decided but let's say there may be wires hanging from our ceiling with no speakers attached for a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment