Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekend Recap

Another weekend just flew by. What a surprise! The summer is flying by as well.
We got some things checked off our to do list and were very productive.
While D was enjoying staying with Grandma and Grandpa M for the entire weekend R and I got down and dirty with my parents and brother in law.
D went to the pool on Saturday and the zoo on Sunday.

We have been waiting for our stone to arrive for our fireplace and it finally did. I laid the stone out on the floor since my brother in law (BIL) ordered me to put the layout together before he got there to do the work. So I slaved to make it look nice, I measured twice and slaved over the right colors that should go in each spot.
My BIL and his apprentice got to work
After all day Saturday working on it (NOT following the pattern on the floor at all) and a few hours on Sunday here is the finished product.
Before:
AFTER:
We also got our doors and vents up
Now our floors in the family room need to be done, we need to paint it, install the vanity and paint the half bath and we should be 90% there for now.

R and I went to our first farmer's market in town on Sunday and stocked up on organic fruit and veggies.With our last strength we put D's house together. He hasn't seen it for an entire year and after moving twice it finally emerged.
He got home late and it was raining so early this morning while I enjoyed the sunrise he cooked me pancakes and they were "mmmm dssssscccc (delicious)" according to him. And they sure were.

No comments:

Post a Comment