Thursday, July 1, 2010

Alive!

Yes, I'm still alive and proud to say we survived the move. Since my last post, we painted both bathrooms, gave all the bedrooms a second coat and cleaned like crazy. Saturday arrived and we moved like mad people. I mean moved people...my body is sore, my arms are tired and I'm just exhausted. We are slowly unpacking. I'm taking my time as I tend to be one of those people if pressured, I end up doing a crappy job so I would rather take my time.

This week I threw out so many clothes in our closets I could clothe a small village. It felt good, it will feel even better to drop it off at the Salvation Army.

The house is getting a second coat of paint today and the electricians are finally coming tomorrow to cover up the canned lights and all the outlets. Watching a 2 year old stare at the exposed wiring was scaring me to death.

Some pics of my life right now include...
An office that hasn't been touched.
A boy without cable watching shows that have been Tivo'd forever over and over again on our bed (actually just the mattress, we can't find the screws for our sleigh bed, HA!)

D's bedroom with no window treatments (except for some temporary shades that don't fit). His closet is the only closet that is semi organized (although the doors are not up ANYWHERE!)


D's playroom that needs major toy removal and some paint touch up.

Our new stairs! The back of them are getting some paint on them soon.Tons of unpacking still left to do.

On a lighter note because Ry's commute has been cut in half we've been enjoying our new backyard. Ry and D have been mastering t-ball. After some testing daddy determined D is a righty, (much to grandpa's disappointment since Ry was a lefty and supposedly a pro, I don't see a hefty check from MLB but I'll take the newspaper clippings of daddy's famous games as proof).



I almost forgot, here is a picture of our living room fiasco. This is only with one coat of paint so today this will look muchhhhhhh better. Oh and also, for the first time in who knows how long the three of us had dinner at 6pm!!!! That was a first and felt great. We love having daddy come home to eat dinner like we Europeans like to do as a family. I just get a weird look from Ry when I tell him "this is how it should be, my family always ate together at the table". All he says is "it ain't the American way". Well, I'm about to throw down a can of Polish whoop as@ if someone isn't at the table to eat with us. Daddy is still in training. I think it's so important to eat together because I can see D grabbing his plate in a few years and plopping in front of the TV and never saying a word about his day, kinda like someone "American" I know, ha ha!In this picture you can see D playing with a new garbage truck he got from his sitter as a house warming present. Every week on garbage day they walk the streets following the trucks and waving to the garbage men. It's the highlight of his week, really.

I'll have more pics as we make progress on the house. Since we have no cable, Internet or phone (due to the incompetence of people at Comcast) I had to wait this long to update.

No comments:

Post a Comment