Monday, February 6, 2012

40 years!

For the past several months we have been planning a surprise 40th wedding anniversary party for Ry's parents. I couldn't say anything on the blog because they are one of my 10 readers. HA! We worried about timing and were so nervous with dad's surgery and hospital stay but it all came together and the party was a success. It was a Mardi Gras theme party with beads, masks, southern food, family and friends.
We told them we were going to dinner and it was a surprise where, they had to come to our house first because Daniel had something for them.
Ryan was upstairs peeking out the window. I was by the front door Shhhhhing everyone as I saw mom and dad walk up the stairs. My stomach turned. Then, I opened the door and it was over. The party officially started. I think I heard my mother in law say "Oh My God" 50 times.
the lovely couple 40 years ago in New Orleans and now. Daniel had to sign his name nice and big.
Ry's speech made everyone laugh, cry and get sentimental. (BTW-that's not his speech below, LOL).
Family, food, drinks and good company make any party a success.
and who can resist a couple who still loves each other as much as 40 years ago!!!!
Me to Daniel "What was your favorite part about the party"
Daniel "The CAKE"
Nothing can beat family taking the time to come and celebrate. Ryan's aunt (dad's sister, first from the left) flew in from California.
A great party. (Note to self take a group picture at the beginning of the party when everyone is still there)
Happy Anniversary to a great couple!!! Here is to 40 more years of bliss!
We love you...

No comments:

Post a Comment