Sunday, April 10, 2011

Almost there

This weekend was overwhelming with trying to finish up the bathroom remodel. We are so close, but not done yet.
Saturday, with the gorgeous weather D had to be watched outside as we tried to help my brother in law in the bathroom. He didn't take a nap and by 4pm both Ryan and I regretted giving in to this happy little boy at 1pm, who looked like he would make it without a nap. Live and learn. I ran around trying to buy things that didn't work, i.e. toilet didn't come with the right bolts, faucet didn't match the counter top holes, the pipes didn't extend long enough, missing caulk (which we swore we bought 10 tubes). It just seemed like it was never ending.
Just as we were about to go buy bikes (you know to reward ourselves for the hard work my brother in law has been doing), my brother in law pulled up and was ready to do more work. We felt like we almost escaped Alcatraz, we were forced out of our car and back to work. :)
Sunday, wasn't better. I decided we would skip church to catch up on things.
I ran around like a mad woman trying to find a shower curtain. The ONE I found on line was not in stock. I ordered it at the store, if it doesn't work out I will return it and chase after another one. Remember, I had to pick the paint, without the curtain in hand I had to go with the best neutral color-beige. That was the next stop-Benjamin Moore-$47 for a gallon of paint later.... I was back at the tile store getting more grout since we ran out. I made a stop or two to look for a mirror, no luck! Ry was running Home Depot errands as D enjoyed time with his cousins. My niece and nephew just love him to pieces.
We ate lunch (the happy family) and then my sister and kids took D for a walk, 5 minutes into the walk he passed out and took a nice nap at her house. Later we went out for ice cream at a family owned ice cream parlor. With all the running around I did not take any pictures of the kids. I'm so mad at myself, but walking upstairs to get the camera when I had blisters on my feet might have been the end of me.
We survived and we're almost at the finish line but that last mile is always the toughest.
The still dirty tile...but better than the old beige. We did a mosaic about 3/4 of the way up . Full pics to come when the tub is clean. :)
The new faucet that needs a good cleaning but at least it's not rusted inside.
The mess still outside the bathroom door (well never mind, the door was taken off)
The mama that needs a pedicure, really badly and baby who keeps saying "My bathroom is going to be nice mommy". FYI-he picked out "bwack" and "poople" to go on his walls. Not gonna happen.
Daddy taking over reading time so I can blog and regain any sanity that I may have left. As Ry said to his friend this weekend "my wife is in "DO" mode". Good hubby!
Off to bed, hopefully this crazy wind/storms won't keep me up too long....NAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment