Saturday, April 24, 2010

Success

It's only Saturday but I figure I'll make an update early since I think tomorrow will be uneventful.
Our weekend started off great when at 10am this morning we found out that the contract on our NEW home has been signed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After a week of negotiations and a little scare that other people were looking at it yesterday we are done.
We still have the small things like the mortgage approval and a home inspection but the looking and negotiations are OVER and we couldn't be happier. We keep praying nothing major will be found wrong with the house.
The house is in a great neighborhood where I went to High School and where my mom and sister still live.
Speaking of my sister, we'll be neighbors, I'm talking about close neighbors, I can throw my nephew a ball from my driveway. Ryan calls our living situation "hillbilly" like but hey it's home. I won't post pictures until we have before and after shots because this house needs some of my decorating touches, I'll leave it at that. It's on a 1/2 acre lot and the trees and plants are just gorgeous and I'll have a kitchen window to watch D play in the backyard. I always wanted that.
To take our mind off of things we went to a park district resale and bought D some toys.
My MIL told me that D has been playing with a house in their play class and I found the exact same one. It came with the whole family and their mini van.
To go with the house we also bought the family a firetruck (in case the house starts on fire, a G.I .Joe helicopter (in case there is a military attack on the neighborhood), a tow truck (not seen here as Daniel went crazy over it because the side doors opened. It was needed in case the minivan breaks). We threw in a book too for some educational value.
Daniel went to work by putting the parents to bed.
Sticking the baby on the potty (If he suffers daily the baby will too).
After the family was safe he became obsessed with the tow truck.
He was cramming G.I. Joe into the tow truck head first.
And giving him a ride
We had a rough 5 months with living in a hellish rental with heat, plumbing, water issues. Moving in with my in-laws then moving again. It was taking a toll on us so we needed some good news and hope this is a new beginning. Thank you to all of you for your support, prayers and for listening to me as I cried my eyes out on bad days. I thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment