Friday, January 18, 2013

Atypical

Well, the GI Dr. appointment went well, except nothing new was discovered, it was only confirmed that Michael has atypical colic. You see a typical colic would be only gas, my son is atypical because he's got poop issues, feeding issues and plain old irritable issues. His dosage for acid reflux was bumped up and he has been like a new baby. (knocking on wood) I was also told I need to first take care of myself and if this was 50 years ago I would be told to "have some Chardonnay, put some on my finger and give to baby and wait to see who passes out first". I liked this Dr. right away. Maybe he set this baby straight. I asked all my questions and even asked one more through the nurse while he was in with another patient.
He slept 6 hours straight last night, smiles more, farts more, talks more and that makes this mama happy.
Mama is also happy because she got to go get her hair done and bought new makeup to prepare for return to work. Thanks to my mother in law who stayed with the kids, handled the baby like a pro and gave me the gift of being away.OH yeah some cash too. She's paying for my sanity so I won't leave this crazy house and drive over the border.
We hope this "new baby" sticks around. I'm watching him now swinging away and smiling. 2 weeks ago the thought of a third baby made me say "hell no" but now, we'll see...If Ry is reading this he is probably saying "heck no". LOL. A little girl would fit well in this house but a third boy might push me over the edge. Ha!
Someone has found a new interest in building things. He loves Legos and my dear friend's son gave him 2 full bags of them. Of course he is building everything Star Wars. He keeps them a surprise until he finishes and then walks me into the room and says "surprise". Sweetness.
 This weekend a dentist appointment is on the calendar for me. I HATE THE DENTIST. I have canceled and rescheduled this appointment like 4 times.
We have friends coming over for a visit. I need to take more pics of baby for sure. He's getting shafted.
Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment