Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summer fun

This summer we have 2 vacations planned. First, we are going to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic June 30th through July 7th, then end of August we are going to Lake Geneva for a few days. Yes, both trips are planned with a 1 year old tagging along.
I have come to realize it is not as exciting shopping for myself, a grown man and a toddler all at the same time. 10 years ago the only thing I had to care about was myself, bringing enough bikinis and a bottle of baby oil to fry myself in the hot sun. This time around my list of to-do's (packing list) is out of control. Both the men in my life need at least 3 pairs of swim trunks not to mention D man needs the cool shirts that have UPF (or something like that) among other "just in case" products.
Daniel has a pile of the "just in case" clothes already piling up.

Our wallets are getting thinner by the minute.

A trip to Marshall's today also confirmed for me that I will never look the same in a bikini ever again (sigh). I guess these are good problems to have since there are many people out there that don't have jobs and a vacation is the least of their worries. I'm very thankful that we have a chance to get away. I will cherish every trip to the store for all the items on my list and maybe complain a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment